Help, Help, Help!
Watching the little one learn new and exciting things each day is a pretty awesome experience. However, some of them leave you thinking ‘WTF?!’. If only there were some recent examples to illustrate this stimulating hypothesis, I hear you ponder. Here are some such verbal illustrations:
1. He has started pretending to get trapped in an imaginary hole and shouting ‘Help!’ whilst making crab-like hand gestures.
2. He now pretends to fall asleep on the stairs, makes you pretend to wake him up and says ‘Is it morning already?’ (with ascending pitch) before repeating ad infinitum.
3. He walks around with a bin on his head and says it’s a hat. But refuses to wear an actual hat.
4. He hides under our duvet and says ‘What noise? Mummy, 2 dino coming’ before repeating ad infinitum.
5. He wears our sunglasses around the house. But refuses to wear his sunglasses outside, where the sun actually is.
6. He calls everyone ‘girl’.
‘Did you make any friends at nursery today?’
‘Yes daddy 2 friends’,
‘What were their names?’
‘What was the other one called?’,
He also approaches strangers in the park, blows kisses and says ‘Hi girl’. Let me reassure you, he did not learn that from me.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring?! Whatever it may be I will continue to blame Peppa Pig or nursery.